CHEN YU SZEN
Partner of Messrs Anton & Chen
- Partner of Messrs Anton & Chen and currently heads the Employment, Family and Corporate Division of the firm.
- Handles disputes relating to employment and industrial matters and has appeared as lead and junior counsel at all levels of the Malaysian Court system.
- Regularly provides corporate legal advice in context of employment in Malaysia.
CONCERNED ON LEGAL REGULATIONS AND DUTIES AS AN EMPLOYER DURING THIS CRISIS?
As the COVID-19 pandemic escalates, businesses are greatly affected by the precautionary measures to contain the outbreak. This escalation can make it difficult for employers to keep up on their legal obligations and rights.
Seeking for advice on the legal implications of COVID-19 disruption as an employer? Watch Chen Yu Szen, Partner of Messrs Anton & Chen as he speaks on the legal options and responsibilities for employers during this pandemic.
- Legal options for employers such as implementation of reduction of salary/working hours, retrenchment, temporary lay-offs and various separation schemes that the employer can utilise.
- Key considerations and factors that the employer must take into take into account before implementation.
- Suggested practices that the employer can take to minimize risks of their employees bringing a claim of dismissal at the Industrial Court.