January 27, 2021 (WED). 9:00am - 5:00pm (GMT+8)
Session 1: ESG on the RadarTelling the ESG Story: Brief overview of the five sessions and goals of the course
ESG on the RADAR
Examining the increased expectations for ESG reporting. What are the current expectations of the market? Regulators, investors/investment funds, company, society/stakeholders
Putting the ESG radar to the test:
A discussion on your company’s response to the COVID-19 crisis that will be part of your 2020/1 report. By now you should be aware of the company’s future planning and preparedness? Is the response adequate considering the ESG Radar stakeholders?
Session 2: Framing the ESG Story: Using the TCFD Recommendations
- Introduction to the Taskforce Climate-related Financial four recommendations and how they serve as a playbook/master content guide for the ESG reporting exercise:
- Risk Management
- Seven principles to apply to disclosures to improve quality and value of your story
Session 3: Materiality
- Why is materiality central to the ESG story?
- Materiality Matrix: a manufacturing company in Asia. What does the matrix tell you about the company?
- Drill down forensics: tracing the materiality story using the TCFD 4 recommendations as the framework. Working backwards from the hard data to Board Director guidance.
- Questions re the pandemic response are be included for each recommendation
Session 4: Creating a Value Driven and Engaging Report
- The Reporting Cycle: Using the reporting cycle chart to plan, develop and deliver the annual ESG report. (the timeline for the annual reporting cycle)
- Using the TCFD recommendations as a guide for the cohesive and connected ESG story build out.
- Internal management value
- The physical report
- General reporting tips… small ideas for a big impact
Session 5: Telling the ESG Story
Group discussion of the narratives. Participants are asked to contribute their narrative and group will comment on the narrative for clarity, logic, connectedness from governance to metrics, etc.
by Theodora Thunder
January 27, 2021 (WED)
9:00am - 5:00pm (GMT+8)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
May 2021 (tentative date)
*To and fro local transportation from NagaWorld Hotel & Resort to be provided