January 15, 2021 (FRI). 9:00am - 5:00pm (GMT+8)
- Gain a solid understanding of the concepts of “sustainability” and “sustainable development”;
- Explore why and how companies should/can build a business value proposition for sustainability (i.e. a business case)
- Discuss and identify ways in which your company can align its business goals with the sustainability business value proposition;
- Look at challenges and models of embedding sustainability into a company / organisation as opposed to greenwashing or “bolt-on sustainability”
- Learn and thinking about the pathway of business transformation to sustainability via business case examples
- Explore the why and how business should & can engage with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
Session 1 will be sort of review on the concepts of “sustainability” and “sustainable development”, as it is critical that we are on the same page when it comes to using these terms in a business context, particularly in practice.
1030 – 1045
1045 – 1200
1 hour 15 minutes
Value proposition are often defined as the “value a company promises to deliver to customers should they choose to buy their product. In this first session we will look at how a company should think about the value proposition of sustainability for itself (exploring several models) and how does a company begin to construct a sustainability business case or profile.
1200 - 1330
1330 – 1430
1 hour 30 minutes
In session 3 we will use a series of business case examples to understand what embedded sustainability means, in opposition to ‘greenwashing’ and ‘bolt-on sustainability’. Participants will be guided through a series of discussion exercises to explore three questions: 1) Is what is often thought of as sustainability, really greenwashing? 2) What are the specific elements of sustainable companies’ culture that differentiates them from the other “traditional’ companies and 3) How does a sustainable company create the conditions that embed sustainability into the company’s strategy and operations?
1430 - 1515
For Session 4, we will follow the 5-step pathway of business transformation from compliance opportunities to creating next practice platforms
1540 – 1640
Session 5 will provide an introductory exploration of why and how businesses should / can engage with and contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and share with each other how their own companies and organisations are currently aligning with and working on the SDGs. Break out group and pleanary discuss will focus on intersections that organisations have with any of the 17 SDGs; where / how the participants’ organisations / compan is currently engaging with and contributing to the SDGs?, and also identify additional opportunities for your business / organisation to engage with the SDGs.
1640 – 1700
by Robert Steele
January 15, 2021 (FRI)
9:00am - 5:00pm (GMT+8)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
May 2021 (tentative date)
*To and fro local transportation from NagaWorld Hotel & Resort to be provided